Why is social media important for your business?
These days it almost seems a prerequisite for a company to have a variety of social media accounts, but how many of us can say with full confidence that these social media channels are being fully utilised?
Social media isn’t all about sharing funny cat videos or posting memes. For a company, paying some attention to social media can contribute to the following:
- Increase brand awareness
- Create a brand personality
- Drive traffic to your website
- Drive enquiries and ultimately sales
But what are the key factors to consider when setting up a social media account?
- Post engaging images- pictures are a great way to demonstrate your service/product and to build trust. If you create cakes, we want to see those cakes! If you’re a plumber, we want to see your latest work!
- Don’t just go all “Wolf of Wall Street”, break up any sales patter with interesting facts, industry news or just a quick status update to say, “hello I’m still here!”
- Interact with your audience; comment, reply, engage with your online community and be proactive. Don’t just wait for your audience to engage with you, be proactive!
Social media can certainly be used as an effective sales tool and when used correctl, can also be used to increase brand awareness. You are building trust and everyone wants to go with a company that they trust!
I aint got time for that!
Understandably not everyone has the time to invest in social media, but don’t fear there are plenty of scheduling website that mean you can schedule your posts months in advance.
We particularly like Hootsuite, which allows you to schedule across all your social media accounts including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. If you are able to dedicate a small amount of time to scheduling, your content can be automatically without you being glued to your computer constantly. We’d still recommended you have the Twitter and Facebook apps on your phone and this way you will be able to keep an eye on any engagement and be reactive to any replies, comments etc. from the public.
The World is your stage, what are you waiting for?
There are many aspects to consider when setting up social media but the benefits to having a social presence to promote your business certainly outweighs any potential bad press.Our best advice is take the leap! Give it a go, open that fantastic opportunity and get your brand out there!
If you would like any more advice on how to build your brand on a range of social media platforms we’d love to hear from you, call us 01159 722 050 or if you’re feeling inspired tweet us! @getuonline